ANTS2 is a simulation and experimental data processing package for Anger camera-type detectors.
The package is intended for:
- Optimization of detector design and geometry using Monte Carlo simulations
- Optimization and development of event reconstruction techniques
- Adaptive (iterative) reconstruction of response of light sensors using flood field illumination data
- Reconstruction and filtering of events for experimental data
It is an open source and multiplatform package, developed using CERN ROOT
and Qt framework (C++).
- 3D, fully customizable detector geometry
- Primary and secondary scintillation
- Gamma rays, neutrons, positive ions
- Time- and wavelength-resolved photon tracing
- Photon scattering (on material borders and Rayleigh)
- Detailed simulation of photon detection for PMTs and SiPMs
- Event reconstruction
- Statistical reconstruction algorithms (including GPU implementation)
- B-spline parametrization of sensor response
- Sensor grouping using sensor array symmetry
- Artificial neural network-based reconstruction algorithms
- kNN-based reconstruction
- Reconstruction of depth of interaction
- Experimental data processing
- Sensor signal data preprocessing tools
- Extended set of event filters
- Detector response reconstruction
- Adaptive algorithms of detector response reconstruction
- Relative gain evaluation tools
- Interactive GUI plus extensive scripting tools
Vizualisation of ANTS2-configured geometry using JSROOT.
Use mouse drag to rotate and mouse wheel to zoom. Advanced options can be accessed
in the contecxt menu (mouse right button).
Model of a clinical gamma camera without collimator.
Compact gamma camera for SPECT with plane-parallel collimator and a 3D phantom.
Model of a thermal neutron detector. Red "tracks" show optical photons which reach PMTs.
ANTS2 wiki at Github (under development!)
Outdated ANTS2 wiki on interface for pre-v3.00 versions.
SiPM-based neutron Anger camera with auto-calibration capabilities
Boron-10 lined RPCs for sub-millimeter resolution thermal neutron detectors: conceptual design and performance considerations
Iterative reconstruction of SiPM light response functions in a square-shaped compact gamma camera.
Measurement of the absolute reflectance of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) immersed in liquid xenon
B-spline parameterization of spatial response in a monolithic scintillation camera
ANTS2 package: simulation and experimental data processing for Anger camera type detectors
Please use this paper to cite ANTS2!
Iterative reconstruction of detector response of an Anger gamma camera
Emulation workbench for position sensitive gaseous scintillation detectors
To download the sorce (master branch, can be old), visit Github-master
To download the most recent version, visit Github-Dev.
If unsure what to do at the Github page, press the green "Clone or download" button, then select "Download ZIP"
For instructions how to get Docker version (no CUDA but with all additional libraries)
Installation instructions can be found here
Please contact us if you would like to report bugs, suggest new features or to join the ANTS2 development team.
For bug reports and public discussion of issues one can also use
Andrey Morozov, Vladimir Solovov, Francisco Neves and Raimundo Martins
- Beta testers (current and former):
Luis Pereira, Kira Morozova and Valdemar Domingos
- Special thanks to Martin Jurkovic for introducing us to CUDA and sharing his code.
This software was developed at LIP-Coimbra with support from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT)
through the project grants PTDC/BBB-BMD/2395/2012 (co-financed with FEDER), IF/00378/2013/CP1172/CT0001 and from Quadro de Referência Estratégica Nacional (QREN)
in the framework of the project Rad4Life.