Av. Prof. Gama Pinto n.2 |
LIP Associate Researcher
(+351) 210 493 652
| ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2042-3759 |
I started my scientific work in Experimental Particle Physics in 1996, with the participation in the DELPHI experiment, one of the four detectors installed in the LEP accelerator at CERN, on which my PhD Thesis Test of QED in Multiphotonic final states at LEP 2 (IST, April 2002) was centered.
After 2002, my research interests have been consolidated in the area of Astroparticle Physics, with the participation in the AMS experiment between 2002 and 2005 as a post-doc, and in the Pierre Auger Observatory Collaboration since 2006.
In the last 17 years I have contributed to the creation and development of a Research Group at LIP centred in the application of experimental particle physics instruments and methods to the field of Space Radiation Environment and Effects.
Physics Department & |
Nuclear Sciences and Engineering Department
Instituto Superior Técnico
Universidade de Lisboa
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Physics and at the Department of engineering and Nuclear Sciences of Instituto Superior Técnico
I am responsible for 2nd cycle courses on Radiation Physics and Nuclear and Particle Physics Tecnologies that are part of the curricula of the Master Degrees on Biomedical Engineering, Radiological Protection and Safety and Engineering Physics, and for the course on Design and Simulation of Radiation Detectors for the doctoral Programme in Physics.
Project Coordination - Contract manager at LIP
- ECO-60 Verification of Co-60 testing representativeness for EEE components flown in the Jupiter electron environment (2014-2018) contract ESA 3-13975/13/NL/PA
- CODES IV CODES Framework Implementation (2013-2016) contract ESA 22381/09/NL/PA
- CTTB Data Analysis Flight Data Analysis of the TDP8 radiation experiments onboard AlphaSat (2015-2019) contract ESA 4000115004/15/NL/RA/ZK with EFACEC SA and EVOLEO Technologies (industry)
- RADEM The JOVIAN RadHard Electron Monitor Proto-Flight Model (2014-2020) contract ESA 4000110643/14/NB with EFACEC SA (PT), IDEAS (NO) (industry) and PSI - Paul Scherrer Institute (CH)
- MFS Data Analysis AlphaSat TDP-8 MFS Particle Spectrometer Data Analysis (2014-2018) contract ESA 4000110640/14/NL/AK with EFACEC SA (industry)
- CTTB Flight Preparation CTTB Preparation of In-Flight Data Analysis (2011-2012) ESA 6403/10/NL/SFe with EFACEC SA and EVOLEO Technologies (industry)
- Heliospheric Network Participação Portuguesa na Rede Heliosférica (2008-2010) project PDCTE/CTE-SPA/81678/2003 with Dalmiro Maia, Observatório Astronómico Prof. Manuel de Barros FCUP